Bushcraft & Survival Training Course, Okavango Delta, Botswana.
This basic 7-day course provides you with overall bush experience as well as accomplishing a good understanding of each module..
No obstacle will stand in your way once you’ve gained the skills, self-confidence and courage that come with our bush craft and survival training courses in the majestic Okavango Delta wilderness!
Imagine approaching Big 5 game animals on their natural habitat. Tracking buffalo herds from island to island. Canoe-paddling through the wild Okavango Delta and swapping campfire stories under the African stars. We do all this and more in our unique African wilderness Bushcraft & Survival Training Course.
Prepare for an a real African adventure!
Our wilderness survival skills course is NOT your typical genteel African safari with round-the-clock pampering and gin-and-tonics at sunset.It’s for active bush enthusiasts who know exactly what they want—the rolled-up-sleeves kind of guy or gal who wants to be in the thick of the action, and who’s willing to forgo the trappings of comfort to achieve it on their terms!
“It was outstanding it was beyond my imagination I had some images of what it was going to be like but it just over classed on many levels. I must say the chasing the lion in the evening was good and I think the climax which is not an exciting climax but just the openness of the fields here are just amazing kilometers of sight. You can have so things but in terms of how this has been set up and the level of pragmatism and flexibility throughout the day just tops. It’s far beyond how I’ve ever been on any holiday.”
Who are our typical students?
- People looking to reconnect with themselves, who are searching for a back-to-basics bush skills experience that will help them recharge, renew, and reboot
- Seasoned safari goers who now seek a deeper, more holistic, African wilderness experience
- School- and/or university-leavers who are looking for a life-changing gap-year experience
- People with a spirit of adventure who are looking beyond a typical back-packing experience
- Aspiring guides
- Experienced guides wishing to further enrich their knowledge and skills
“Super, great camaraderie, great group for people thrown together from Holland and Kiwi Land and the fellows here been fantastic. Most precious memory to me is Mike Reid for his ability to be able to transport us into the world of Botswana, his world, the technical detailing from the biothermes, right up to the stars everything in between the trees, the birds, animals, it’s what I’m here for. This has been a wonderful experience really.”
Bruce, New Zealand
What will you learn and experience?
Our diverse activities will expose you to all facets of wilderness guiding:
- Practical, hands-on experience of navigation in the African wilderness, bush survival skills, the ancient art of tracking, weapons handling, bird and mammal identification and so much more
- Mokoro (dug-out canoe) expeditions (seasonal)
- Wilderness walks and sleep-outs
- Motor boating excursions (seasonal)
- 4×4 vehicle game drives
- Game walk safaris
- Stargazing and astronomy
- Theory lectures and presentations from qualified and knowledgeable trainers on diverse topics ranging from local geology, ecology, and hydrology, to astronomy and weather/climate
Why join our guide training course?
There is only one Okavango Delta. In contrast to larger, more corporate guiding schools which operate in typical savannah habitat generic to southern and east Africa, we’re a small, intimate family-run business operating in a unique, spectacular location that’s a world heritage site.
One of the largest undisturbed ecosystems left on earth, our Kwapa Camp is situated in a pristine wilderness that stretches unfenced from northern Botswana into southern Angola and Zambia.
And, to keep our unique habitat preserved for future generations, for every course we run for international students we give something back to local communities by sponsoring deserving local guides. Last year we donated more than R500,000 in training to local communities who are ultimately the custodians of one of Africa’s last remaining true wilderness areas.
7 days / 6 nights
20% deposit to confirm booking. Balance due six weeks prior to departure. Payment can be made by bank transfer or credit card (card payments carry a 5% service charge). Please see our booking conditions for more information.
No prior experience is required.
What your course fee includes:
- Tented accommodation
- All meals at Kwapa Camp
- Drinking water, tea and coffee
- All training and activities
- One scheduled transfer from Maun to Kwapa Camp and return
7 days – USD 1,925 per person
What your course fee excludes:
- Unscheduled transfers to/from Kwapa Camp
- Travel Insurance
- All flights
- Personal effects, including toiletries
- Staff gratuities
- Drinks other than those mentioned above can be purchased in Maun before leaving for Kwapa Camp
- FGASA/ BQA registration and exam fees
Min and max numbers:
The course runs to a max of 8
Join our epic African safari guiding adventure and escape…
Wild Wheels 4×4
You learned it with us, now go and experience Africa on your terms
How about a gentle end to your course, with a fully catered mobile safari or river safari
Would you like to package your training course with some of Botswana’s luxury lodges?
Nature Guiding Course
Would you like to do a longer and more indepth course?