Who are our students?
- International people with a desire to learn about and experience the wilderness
- Aspiring guides
- Experienced guides wishing to further their knowledge and skills
- School and University students
- Basically anyone who is active and curious about nature!
What will you learn and experience?
- Practical experience of tracking, weapons handling, poling a dug-out canoe, wilderness walks, motor boating (seasonal), game driving and much more
- The theory component includes geology, astronomy, weather and climate, ecology, plants, invertebrates, frogs, fish, reptiles, birds, mammals and more
Who we are
Okavango Guiding School is the first private guide training school registered in Botswana to provide training for guides on both the Field Guide Association of Southern Africa (FGASA) and the Botswana Training Authority (BOTA) platforms. The school caters for anyone who is passionate about nature and wants to gain a deeper understanding of the fascinating wildlife of Africa and how they interact with each other and their environment.
Why train with us
No doubt in the search that brought you to this page you have encountered countless other training providers offering ranger guide training courses and safari guide courses. So why us? Our training takes place in the Okavango Delta, one of the most picturesque and pristine wilderness areas left on the planet read more…
Our diverse activities give you the ultimate exposure to all facets of wilderness guiding read more...
Our trainers are some of the most qualified guides and guide trainers in Africa boasting degrees in wildlife, the full range of FGASA qualifications and tens-of-thousands of hours experience read more…
Alongside every group of international students, we train a deserving local student who has all the potential to become a great guide, but just needs basic training and exposure to get a foot in the door read more…